About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

When Injustice Reigns.

I try not to allow the news to wind me up, but every now and then a story appears which really does make my blood boil. Like today. Flicking through the news over my morning coffee, I was suddenly bombarded with the headline about an MP who is.... Wait for it.... Expecting a baby with a lesbian couple (I've decided I'm not going to bother to put a link to the story). I mean, seriously...! First of all, why was it considered newsworthy at all, and secondly, why are they in the situation they are in enjoying the BLESSING of becoming parents while I plod on from one month to the next trying to make sense of a dream for children which has yet to become a reality?

It's when this kind of situation smacks me isn't he face that I wonder how the Bible can say "children are a gift from God" and balance this with the wickedness of these kinds of situations and the apparent right people think that have to be parents. Nope....this is not a politically correct statement to make, but this is my real life! To raise a child with three parents?? This is not what God ordained when He created "family". A child needs a father and a mother. One of each. To claim otherwise is insanity and has taken the idea of parenthood away from children being a gift to children being an accessory of a successful life. And then we start to get talk about children being genetically modified to a specific parents requirement, the "designer baby". So then is the Bible still right when it says, "children are a gift from God"???

If so, where does that leave people like me, who have no choice BUT to leave it all in God's hands and wait for Him to bring the blessing my way, while at the same time, trying to not be bothered by reports like these. Where is the justice in this? Where is the hope in this? Where is God in this???


Father God, trying to make sense of the world and the way injustice seems to overnight You and Your word is difficult. Especially when it comes to my struggle to comprehend why I can't have a child and yet people who are spitting in Your face and mocking Your word don't have any problems. I don't understand it, I don't understand why You have allowed us to do this. I don't need to, I guess. But help me to not become so frustrated and irritated by these types of stories that they have the potential to make me bitter about my situation.... Or bitter toward You. I hold on to the promise that You have said, "children are a gift" from You, but don't understand why this gift hasn't been bestowed on me. Other gifts have, and I thank You for them. 

No comments: