About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Can Acne Really Be a Friend For The Journey?

I have recently come across something called "face mapping", which was developed by the International Dermal Institute for Dermalogica. It is a system of looking at what the spots on our faces COULD be telling us about our internal state of being.

Although there are as many ideas about what a break-out of spots in each of the zones on our faces mean, the thing which struck me, as someone who has one tube blocked,  is that according to the Face Mapping image which popped up on my Facebook page, the acne which arrives on my chin, on-schedule, every month, may actually be an indication of which side I am ovulating on.

The theory goes that if the spots on my chin (The chin being the place where we get the hormonal acne each month and so is the outward sign we are ovulating, as if most of us hadn't gasped that monthly annoyance ourselves!!!) seem to alternate which side they pop-up on, then this may be an indication of which side I am ovulating on.

Unfortunately, I don't know how true this is, so I don't know how valuable the information to those of us who are on a Journey for Bubba, but it could be that God has created it within our bodies, the ability for our inner-self to inform us physically of what is happening below the surface! How great that would be if it is true - and how I wish I had known sooner.

So, I can only remember the last couple of cycles, and the spots did seem to pop-up on different sides of my chin each month. This month, we have the right side with the delightful outbreak, last month the left side had the unsightly blemishes, and the month before that, I was trying to hide the right side, when having photos taken!

Now, I am no scientist. But at this stage, I am prepared to look for as much help as I can find in having success on this Journey for Bubba, and one of things I would find most helpful, is knowing which month I have ovulated from the "good", unblocked, fully functioning Fallopian tube, as opposed to the blocked, nonfunctional one. So, I am going to test this theory out for a while, it may help, it may not. But I feel a little "happier" at thinking that maybe my body is not against me after all, and is actually trying to help me on this path, rather than completely hindering me.