About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

News Headline Anger!

There are few things which can really annoy me when I read the papers. But I was hit by the headline, Horrifying story of pregnant South Africans who are deliberately binge drinking... so they get more welfare for the babies they harm in the Daily Mail this morning. 

I get mad because there are many women, like myself, who would love to have a child we can love and nurture and watch develop as we care for them and raise them as best we can. But to see women like this - and I don't doubt for one moment this kind of behaviour, or attitude, is restricted just to "South Africans" - who are abusing their God-given gift before the child has even been born, such a wicked and evil society! 

The fact that the state, technically, allows this to happen, by giving hand-out's to women like this, knowing full well what is happening during pregnancy is an abomination (there's no other none-swearword strong enough to put across how I feel!!)! And we have all heard the stories of the women in our own gloriously moral nation, who also purposely have lots of babies, so they can get more money and a bigger home, courtesy of tax-paying "infertile" women, like me.

Any woman who abuses her baby, even purposely disfiguring him or her during pregnancy, stunting the decent start in life they deserve, just for the extra financial payment they will receive... how on earth can God allow this to happen?! This is when my faith takes a beating, when I know that God knows what the "mother" will do before she has even conceived, why does He allow this to happen?? And why, are there women around the world who would treat their precious gift with the love, honour and dignity every human life deserves. 

This kind of situation demonstrates in a big way, how little many people today regard human life, when people think a child they disfigure will earn them more money - and I totally understand that situations in some of the poorest countries are difficult, but I cannot understand this evil behaviour one bit. The money is not for your addiction, love, the money is to provide the child you harmed during pregnancy with the care he or she will now need.  

How sad that we live in a world where "Everyone did what was right in their own eyes" (Judges 21:25), without respect for the lives of those around them - or placed under their care. How sad that women like me cannot do anything except walk on our own path on our own journey's, trying to not be affect by stupid attitudes like this. In the papers there seem to be more and more articles relating to the abuse and disregard of babies during pregnancy or during their early years, or maybe, because of where I am at, I just notice them more??! 

Isn't it funny how in some Countries, people "play God" by creating life, while in other Countries people "play God" by destroying life. How frustrating! How annoying! How upsetting! Maybe it's just the hormones talking!!

God says He stands for justice and hates injustice. Where is the justice in this type of situation? Where is the justice for the child whose mother cares more about her next fix, than she does about the helpless life growing within her. Lord, let justice flow, like rivers and mighty streams, and wash over our corrupt world destroying injustice, let Your healing waters take their place and restore these children and babies under the shadow of Your wings. Where they have been abused, unwanted, uncared for, Lord I pray You would hold every single one of them in Your arms, protecting them from the injustice of their circumstances.

OK, rant over!