About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Here's to Good Friends


A good friend of mine came to stay for a few days recently. She arrived at a time when I had just found out this month is another unsuccessful month. But it actually helped having her here to share with... A problem halved and all that jazz!

Over lunch one day, she was telling me what it was like for her to be pregnant, and the trials and triumphs of her experiences. I have heard people telling me before about what their pregnancy experiences was like - how some really enjoyed being pregnant, while others hated it... not sure how it will be for me - time (hopefully) will tell. My friend had been quite relaxed about it, so it seems. 

I know everyone's experiences are different, but I love to research... probably too much. I love to know what is going on in my body at various times, and I want to know what to expect. Even though I am not there yet.

So this month, I was a lot more relaxed about the fact we were not successful in conception - in that I didn't have a down day this time around. I didn't mope around with the "woe is me" attitude I have had in the past. I didn't want to hide in bed all day and not resurface or talk to people. I was able to share what I was going through... get it out of my system!

So, my friend left me with two thoughts, which I will share with you:
One: That what the time comes, she is convinced I will make a great mum... although she can see me waking up one day holding this baby in my arms saying, "I've got a baby. Arrrrgggghhhhhhh I've got a baby... What do I do!!!!" Lol!!!! :-)  Baby Blues can hit any woman at any time - it doesn't have to mean we have post-natal depression.

Two: It will help if I start practicing my squats, and lowering my pelvic floor as low as I can... Apparently, it will eventually help with the whole labour process. She suggested I watch "One Born Every Minute" but TBH... I'm so not ready for THAT kind of research!!!