About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Dreaming Baby

I am a great believer in the authenticity of God's word, and love it when I see it being proven true, or seeing when something God said in His word is actually seen to be happening. One of my favourite passages is found in Joel 2:28-29:
“And it shall come to pass afterwardThat I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,Your old men shall dream dreams,Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days"
I love that when the Holy Spirit was poured out upon the disciples who had obediently waited, as Jesus had commanded, in the upper room this was a powerful fulfillment of God's prophetic promise to His people. And it is a promise which continues to be fulfilled in our time and among our generation!

So when I have a dream or a vision, I usually know when it is of the Lord, and there have been some incredible instances of God speaking to me through my dreams. Not that I constantly dream dreams from heaven, or constantly have visions. But when I do, I know. because I don't often remember the dreams we all have as we sleep.

In response to this then, I have been silently hoping that two dreams I have had recently are a word of hope for my Journey for Bubba. The first one I had was a normal Sunday afternoon picture whenever we take my gorgeous Stepson home after his weekend with us. We usually take him to Hubby's mum's so she can spend time with her grandson, and enjoy her delicious Sunday Roast dinner! In my dream, that was exactly where we were, sat at the table enjoying one of my Mum-in-laws dinners, and in my arms was a baby. 

The second picture which occurred a couple of weeks later, was another normal scene at home. It was the morning, and I had gone into my Gorgeous Stepson's room, but it was a nursery, and I looked into a cot in the middle of the room, into the most beautiful blue eyes and perfect face of a baby... my baby.

There was nothing spectacular. Nothing major. Nothing particularly special. but for me, I believe this to be a source of encouragement for me from my Lord. He has heard me, he will answer. Bubba may be delayed, but he or she has not been denied. The Journey for Bubba may be longer than I had anticipated, but there will be an ending to the Journey... Bubba. 

Standing on God's word is the only way for the faith to grow in what I believe He has showed to me. And by sharing it with you, I hope I am demonstrating to Him the faith I have in what I believe He has shown me. That's what faith does. It takes what we hope for, what we long for, and turns it into a prayer request, opening ourselves for the Lord to speak into that longing, and hearing what He says, no matter how obscure the situation may seem. When God speaks, we have to demonstrate we have heard Him, for faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17).


No comments: