About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Infertility Meeting at House of Commons

Apparently, there is a meeting being arranged for MPs to attend, which will look at raising awareness of infertility at the end of April. This is an all-party meeting on the 29th and is open to all our MPs, including the one you vote for in our local and national elections, organised by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence).

The reception is to launch the new NICE guidelines on fertility, including: 
  • the best forms of treatment for people who have problems getting pregnant
  • ways of treating people who have a known condition or reason for their fertility problems
  • ways of treating people when no reason for their fertility problems can be found
and will offer an opportunity for MPs to discuss the issue surrounding people like us. Follow the link if you want to know more about the NICE guidelines, although the guidelines seem to focus primarily on IVF treatment - maybe it would be worth asking our MPs to discuss those for whom IVF isn't an option, for whatever reason.

Having heard some comments by MPs in the past, there doesn't seem to be a wide range of knowledge of infertility within the House of Commons, I've even heard us, who are TTC, being likened to a gay couple who can't conceive naturally!! Shocking!

With this in mind, the Infertility network UK is asking for our help in trying to encourage our MPs to attend this meeting, and to represent us, as the decisions they take will be affecting us in the future.  If you would like to support this request, follow this link to some tips offered by the Infertility Network.

For info on contacting your MP use the link, http://www.parliament.uk/about/contacting/mp/

For a copy of the invitation, please contact karenveness@infertilitynetworkuk.com


No comments: