About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another Testimony: Four Years TTC - Then God!

At work we had a visit from a couple who shared a little of their testimony with those of us who had met for a Lecture and prayer. This was an Iranian couple who had been brought up as Muslims and lived as Muslims for a large part of their marriage. Then the husband met a Christian in Iran who really demonstrated the love of Jesus to him in such a powerful way that he couldn't deny the truth of the "Christian God" and the lie of the Muslim god he had been forced to follow.

A month after he accepted Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, his wife noticed a difference in him. She asked him what had happened and he explained everything to her. She also became a Christian. He became involved in Iran's underground Church but his life was in danger, so they needed to leave the Country or be killed.

God made a way for this couple to escape Iran and make it over to England, on New Zealand passports. God kept them safe and helped them to get through immigration without being questioned at all - through three different Countries!

They eventually settled in Leicester, and became involved in a Church there. This couple had been married for 11 years, and had been TTC for the last 4 years. While in the Church one day, the wife decided she wanted to get baptised. She wanted a baby, and felt that she needed to be baptised to commit her life completely to God, and so He would answer her heart's cry.

She was baptised in September 2012. She became pregnant in October 2012!
God honoured the faithfulness of this woman who had gone through so much in response to her obedience and love for her husband and for the One True God!


Father God, I pray for this lady, and for the baby developing within her. I thank You for the incredible testimony of what You have accomplished through and for the incredible purpose You will do through her unborn child. I pray Your hand of protection on the baby, and over the parents. May You continue to be glorified through this incredible testimony!

No comments: