About Me

My photo
Hi. Welcome to my "taboo" blog. My name is Steph, and when I first started this, I was still in my thirties. In 2017, I switch decades! I am a Christian, so underlying everything I do and say is the Word of God, and the foundational truths I have learnt over the years. This doesn't mean I'm perfect - I am human. It just means I recognise I need God's help to live this life and try to live out His way, as best I can. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog, I hope you draw strength, hope or encouragement from what you read.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Encouragement From an Unbelieving Relative

Hubby and I visited his Nana for dinner. She had bought a bunch of flowers for me, to cheer me up. But then she said something which took me by surprise. It was the kind of statement Christians usually say to each other, but as she is not a Christian, I kind of felt that there was more to it.

She said to me, "I felt so sad for you when I heard the operation hadn't worked, I really did. But don't give up, flower, I don't believe that's the end of the road for you. I know miracles do happen, and I think that's what's going to happen for you - a miracle."

As I said, the fact that she is not a Christian meant more to me that she had said this, and I hope and pray that the Lord will show her how her words of faith are part of the miracle journey I seem to be on.


No comments: